Monday, December 28, 2009

What's the best single piece of advice you ever received and from whom did you recieve it?

MOM SAID:


always wipe from front to back





always make sure hands are clean when using ';feminine'; products





DAD SAID:


to prevent splash from poopy, throw some TP in bowl before you go.What's the best single piece of advice you ever received and from whom did you recieve it?
';Just because its right doesn't mean its right';


Jaimie, friend %26amp; bartender extrodinaire.What's the best single piece of advice you ever received and from whom did you recieve it?
This may sound strange......because I had amazing advice from my mom as she warned me to not think of myself but be aware of all those around me.....





But that is not the single piece of advice that sticks out right now. (though probably the most profound in my life)





My daughter's pediatrician came into the hospital room the day she was born and started giving me many pieces of advice. I was so overwhelmed that anything and everything he said I took to be the gospel. The one thing I remember is him telling me to never rock her to sleep. To always put her down awake. So I did. From day one. He said it was important that she learn to calm herself and put herself to sleep. I'm convinced this is one reason my girls are so well adjusted and never cry and whine about going to bed. They have never complained about going to bed ever in 13 years. So thank you Doc!!! :)
';Never forget that your children's world is just as big to them as yours is to you.'; My Grandfather.
';Always follow your heart';


';Love life and life will be good to you';(VERY TRUE)


';Don't take ANYTHING for granted';


';Wear your heart on your sleeve with a clear shield over it';





My Grandma.
';if you can't build a robot, be a robot'; Abe Simpson, The Simpsons.
';Honey, we don't deserve anything.'; My dad.
One time when I was about 7 years old I was outside playing in the snow. My grandfather who was a very wise man stuck his head out the window and yelled, ';don't eat the yellow snow';
If you do right you won't have to make right.





I read it somewhere.
';You step into a beautiful day everyday. You just don't know it because you're too busy dealing with problems of your own.';





';It's time to look out for shits and be wary of it. Don't step on shits ever again.';





From anonymous.
My granny says, (grannies give the best advice)


she says, ';Always take the good advice.


And always take the bad advice.


Then, when nobody's looking,


Follow your heart....';
';Light is an exception, darkness is the rule.'; I know it sounds really dark but it makes you appreciate life better. My history teacher.
eat your vegetables, mother
My Mom telling me not to chase after people. It's all about self respect.
';Don't sweat the small stuff'; and ';Pick your battles';...both of them were from my mother %26amp; very, very relevant today!!!!!
when you talk about someone .imagine they are standing in front of you...it will keep you out of trouble ..says my mum..
Life is short, live each day to the fullest. And love like you have never been hurt.





My Dad, on his death bed.
Be true to yourself. Do what makes you happy regardless what others think of you including me. Live life to your expectations! Source: My Mom
My first boss said' You've got two ears and one moth... use them in proportion' Always served me well
';Know your worth and don't settle for less!';
It's not what you know but who you know that counts.





What goes around, comes around





and if nervous when talking to a boss, in an interview etc always remember that when they go to the loo the same as you do and when they get undressed at night they are only human as well.





All from my dad, many years ago
The best way to get a man's attention is to ignore him (it intrigues him!) and has worked for me several times! To be keen or worse - desperate - will just make him run (or use you!!) Advice to myself and all my girlfriends - from experience
My mom told me once:


Someone who makes you cry is not worth it, and the person who is worth it will not make you cry.
never go to bed on a argument as you never know what tomorrow will bring told to be by my mom
Always forgive %26amp; forget. My mother.
  • makeup online
  • mascara eye liner
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment