Thursday, December 31, 2009

What was/is best piece of advice you received as a young parent?

Did it help? would you passed it on??What was/is best piece of advice you received as a young parent?
Pick your battles. Tell them what they are doing right and they will repeat it. When they are wrong, be firm and show them the right way. Praise and encourage, don't criticize and punish. Take care of yourself. You can't give yourself to your child if you are a drained, wrung out zombie. Yes it helped and I still use it. My son is someone I love to live with and will grow up to raise fine children of his own. I would take the advice.What was/is best piece of advice you received as a young parent?
To love, love, love them! It is not spoiling a child. They need to know that you love them no matter what. I am not saying to not discipline your child, because that is very important. Just always be loving. Also, be aware as they are growing up that you are their parent, not their friend. There is a difference. When children are shown a lot of affection as small children, they grow up loving and confident.
not to get to believing everything you read and hear about being a parent. you follow your own heart and thoughts and you will be good as a parent. that loving them and being therefor them is all you need to remember,the rest comes naturally. yes it helped and i have four beautiful,bright children.
In high school I made a comment to a teacher. I told him I'm working for my daughter. His response was I have to do it for myself, because without me she would go without. As that phrase goes U have to love urself first before u can love anyone one else. Saying that to say if u do ur child will have.
I can't really remember. But what I know now is more important, ';try to keep an open mind.'; As we raise our kids things change, some good, some not so good. But if you keep an open mind, you can face the challenges that will come in raising kids in a different time than you grew up in. Just make them promise ';not to go wierd'; on you. lol





Hugs from Minnesota
To enjoy them while they are little, because before you know it they will be big.





I was so worried when my were little about cleaning house, doing laundry, shopping, cooking, and paying bills that I felt I never had the energy to enjoy them.





I wished I had spent more time just playing and laughing with them.
you wont sleep for first 2 years,haha

No comments:

Post a Comment