Thursday, December 31, 2009

Tie and shirt advice for my husband. He is 6';4, muscular and tan with dark hair. What would look best?

We are going to a 2 day assembly and he wants me to get him a new shirt and tie. One day he will be wearing a dark grey suit and the other a black suit. I would like something sytlish and something that would catch peoples attention, but still be tasteful.Tie and shirt advice for my husband. He is 6';4, muscular and tan with dark hair. What would look best?
For the grey suit go with a shirt with a pinstripe and a tie with a pattern...basically any color works with grey.





For the black suit go with a lt. blue shirt (would look great with dark hair and complexion) and a tie with a geometric pattern in blue and blk.Tie and shirt advice for my husband. He is 6';4, muscular and tan with dark hair. What would look best?
Will he wear pink or purple? I love men iin pink shirts and you could do a silver or black tie with pink in it. At a recent wedding my friends boyfriend wore a light purple dress shirt and a tie that had a little bit of mpurple in it and he looked very handsome. Or you could always do the classic blue.
The key is to match the tie/shirt with similar colors... if you are wearing a blue tripe shirt (white as main color), you might want to go with a brighter blue patterned tie.


A general blue color would match your grey and black suit.... some hint of orange on the tie is also a nice addition.


shirts with classic (not too flashy) cufflinks would add a touch of class
The thing about men's fashion today is to be daring...stiped shirt with a patterned tie. I love shopping for ties for my beau - I always get him sharp colorful tie and he is ALWAYS complemented.





Grey suit, i suggest a pink, light purple or light grey shirt...then pick a beautifully colored tie from there.





Black suit, I suggest a white or striped shirt with a powerful colored tie.





It's okay to be daring with colors these days.
A bright silver colored tie with a white shirt would go with grey or black.
Since he has dark skin, just about any color would probably look good on him.





I'd say with the dark grey...a bold royal blue shirt.





With the black, a vibrant red shade...black cherry sorta color...kinda burgundy-ish, but a little brighter.





I'd give you advice on the ties, but I'm terrible with those. I do know that if you have a solid shirt, you should have a patterned tie (you may already know that one).
if you go to the shirt store, they will help you pick out a tie and a shirt.
Muscular and tan.





I would suggest deeper Jewel tone colors. If the shirt is too light of a color he will look too tan.
I would stick with a white shirt but go with some great patterned ties. with his tan try to stick with primary colors maybe in a silky fabric.

No comments:

Post a Comment