Monday, December 28, 2009

I need some advice on Best Answer etiquette . . .?

Say you have a bunch of answers to your question and you really like some of them, and some that are okay but not great. However, one of the ';okay'; ones got like 15 thumbs up. Should you go ahead and give that person the best answer because they will get the most points? You know, in the spirit of philanthropy.I need some advice on Best Answer etiquette . . .?
In the spirit of philanthropy, how's about 10 points for moi?I need some advice on Best Answer etiquette . . .?
How do you know the majority isn't wrong? Look at some past Presidential elections and you'll see what I mean...





Elysabeth....poemhunter, as in .com
So does this mean that I should start thumbing myself down from now on?
No! You asked the question, you should pick which answer best fits, *your* favorite. The thumbs up are their own reward from the masses.
This is not a popularity contest. The ';Best Answer'; thing is based on your taste and opinion only.
ok, what did I miss. I'm not sure what you mean by give that person the best answer ';because they will get the most points';. I don't know that a thumbs up even gives anyone any points. I thought the thumbs up only when the question went into ';unresolved'; do people marking it (not people who answered the question) as a thumbs up gets the points.





So the best answer gets only 10 points...and you can totally ignore the thumbs up of you want...I do...because I don't care what other people think the answer is to my question. I have a mind of my own and I make my own decisions.
No. You should choose the best answer.
no you should choose the best that helps you because you are the one who needed the help. If you like some other ones that weren't as good as the one you picked, leave a note thanking them or something. That can also make a person's day.
Be true to yourself and examine the best answer you think is for the question. Then make a proper decision if you feel or let the public decide the best answer and get the stress off your head
No you should go with what seems the best to you, afterall it's your question not theirs.
I always pick the answer that helps me the most and go thru everyone of them.
no you don't pick the answer with the most thumbs up. best answer should be the one the helps you out the most or truly answers you question.
i always pick the one I like
It's my question, my choice to whatever answer gives me the most pleasure in giving the 10 points to. I've occasionally gone with the thumbs up winner when nothing else stood out. But usually someone catches my point and 'bingo', I've got my winner.
i always give thumbs up to all the ones that were helpful, never a thumbs down to anyone though... unless it was completely off topic or not helpful at all. Best Answer always goes to whoever really answered my question and if there isn't a best answer I let it go into voting and let the people decide lol.
Give it to the one that help you the most...the one that you like not everyone else because you asked the question not everyone else...
which ever answer works best for YOU is the one you should pick.. people give other people thumbs up for stupid answers as a joke(hahaha funny) not
It is your shout.


But I have seen best answers with 15 thumbs down!


lol
I agree with the others, only if you are completely undecided on what YOU personally feel is the best answer should you go by thumbs.
No if you prefer someone else's answer more.
i personally think you should go with who you think deserves best answer. whoever helped you the most deserves the points, so they should get them. the person with the 15 thumbs up can probably get lots more points elsewhere anyways.
No you asked the question...you decide the best answer FOR YOU.
I would say the answer that makes you reexamine your own question and if it seems best vote. Sometimes the best answer is the one you don't expect .
i think you should vote for the one that helped you the best...........after all it was your question
Put it to a vote and vote on your favourite, then let others do the same.
It depends, if you got a great answer that really made you think about your question or was the most accurate then you go with that one. However if you have several okay ones then you go with the one that got the most thumbs up.
You know every time you get best answer on one of my questions its because of my ';Mother Theresa Syndrome';.


How is that for some apples.
If I am torn between a few good answers, I look to see how many ';Best Answers'; they have received in the past. If they only have a few (or none), I choose their answer as the best. Some people have like a bajillion best answers, and I think they'll be okay if I don't give that honor to them.
your question, your call.
Whichever answered your question the most is the one you should pick
It is up to you to choose, if you can't choose apologize and say you have to go to voting.

No comments:

Post a Comment