Monday, December 21, 2009

I am moving to South Korea and am looking for the best way to call back to the U.S. Anyone have any advice?

I have heard of some people using Vonage with a U.S. number, any onw done this? How does it work? How much does it run?I am moving to South Korea and am looking for the best way to call back to the U.S. Anyone have any advice?
VONAGE is the best way look it up on google for the price.Vonage has a website with details. I had it when I was stationed there in the Army. Its real easy to do just order it all online and you can get your own phone if you want.costed me about $30 a month.I was using it about 50 hours a week.I let others use it for free to.





Or you can buy a cell phone with out a plan and buy won cards to put on your phone then buy phone cards to call back home but thats gonna cost you more.Its $10 usd for won cards and $20 usd for 6 hours phone card minutes.





I dont know about other phone plans so cant help you there.So my advice go with Vonage you will be happy with the service





Good luck in Korea and stay away from that chimchee stufff uhh rottenI am moving to South Korea and am looking for the best way to call back to the U.S. Anyone have any advice?
I used microsoft messenger with a mic and camera. Just the cost of internet. There is a little delay but it is cheap. When calling work I used the work line.
It's kimchee, and it's actually very addictive.





So I had Vonage, Skype and Yahoo Messenger.. I don't think there was much of an advantage over another for me.. It ended up that I was around my computer most of the time I was home, so I ended up using Yahoo Messenger the most.. and it is FREE. You just sign up for a free Yahoo e-mail account on Yahoo.com.


When I needed a cell, I bought a used one for $40 and then just bought minutesd whenever I needed them. Cost about 3 cents per minute to call the U.S from your cell that way. When you start to run out of minutes, you just reload.
use the internet you lucky sob
If you have a computer and microphone, Yahoo Messenger Voice is a good and cheap way to call the U.S. (landlines or cellphones). If the person you're calling also has Yahoo Messenger and they have a microphone, you can talk for free.
Actually, I have same question.


I did some research, and heard that some korean ISPs banned Vonage, is that right? does anybody heard of this?





I just don't want to waste $$ if i can't use it.
i don't now about vonage, but my family (half in korea, half out) use korean phone cards. that is the only way to avoid hidden fees and i think it costs less to use phone cards, because you use the number given to you on the card and those people have no way of knowing where you are calling from (so not as much long distance.) korean ones are cheaper.
The cell phones + phone cards are as easy as the other answerers said.


If you already have high speed internet, I highly recommend either Vonage, CallVantage or Lingo voip services. It's like putting a US phone in your korean house. You pick your area code and people in the US call it like any other US local number. Unlimited calls to/from for a monthly fee (plus internet cost).


Also, it is priceless for that one time in your life you desperately need to send a fax! (just plug a borrowed fax machine into the line)
  • makeup online
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment