Wednesday, April 28, 2010

DEA Career Advice. Whats the Best path?

I am a College Student who has been interested in the DEA for years. My Major is criminal justice/sociology. I was just wondering what would be the best path to becoming a DEA Agent? What should I do Next?DEA Career Advice. Whats the Best path?
I am also, I had a short talk with an agent and he said that:


College is of course best. Look at the DEA site and the degrees they have listed are prime for it. You are more likely to get the position if you have one of the degrees they have listed than if you have a different degree.


Military isn't a bad idea, especially officer or combat. He said the DEA agents often do raids and military was good for him. (You could of course, skip this step. I personally am going to do military).


Local police is really, really good. Like 3-5 years he said is great. More likely to get DEA position with local experience.


Best thing you can do is get used to the business stuff and talk with DEA agents. You can set up meeting I think (I talked with that guy casually, no meeting).


Good luck!DEA Career Advice. Whats the Best path?
You really need to get a second language or two under your belt. Spanish, French, Mandarin, Thai, or even Farsi. Make yourself unique not just another guy with a college degree. While you may want to be DEA apply to other Law Enforcement Agencies also. No guarantee you'll get a DEA slot first go around. You might have to spend time with another department before getting a DEA slot.

No comments:

Post a Comment