Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Advice on best friend, please help.?

I posted this in friends, but I did not get too many responses, and they weren't too helpful.





My and my friend have known each other for like 19 years. We were the best of friends, but since college started (last year and we go to different colleges) we are no longer that close. His personality/attitude has changed quite a bit. He now seems to concentrate completely on his new life and is making almost no effort to keep in touch with his past. We barely talk now. When I message him, he is usually away (or ignoring me?), and when he messages me, we'd only talk for like 2 minutes before he goes away (or stops replying). Also, half the time that he messages me, he ask about someone else. What should I do? Should I try to make a better effort to keep in touch with him, or should I just forget it? Thanks.Advice on best friend, please help.?
First, I would come out and ask him, before you decide to make any assumptions. He may in fact just be very busy, or just caught up in the excitement of college life, and he may not even be aware that anything he is doing is upsetting you. The next time you get the chance, I would come out and ask him how things are going. Mention that you haven't been hearing from him very often, and it seems like everytime that you get the chance to talk, the conversations seem very short, and you were just wandering if everything was going alright. Be truthful with him. If he truly does care, he will probably get the message that you are concerned about your friendship, and start to keep in touch with you more often. If he says that everything is fine, yet continues to stay distant, I would not push it anymore. To make any more effort, would not make a difference in the end anyway, if he has chosen to move on. Sometimes that happens. People change all through the courses of their lives. Our personalities change as we grow older, we find new interests, our desires change, we experience new experiences, that give us different perspectives on our lives. All we can do, is hope that they are happy with whatever course they have chosen for themselves. To continue to dwell on it, would be to blame yourself, and it would not have been your fault. Friends come and go all throughout our lives. It DOES hurt, it is extremely hard when a friend moves on, especially when you have known them for a very long time, like in your case. But you cannot take it personally. The best thing to do, would be to stop worrying about it, and try to focus on where you are now, and who IS there for you now. But don't push the friendship any further- if he is not making an effort. Greater efforts on your part would only cause more dissapointment for you, and feelings of rejection for yourself. It sounds like you have put alot of effort into it already, so I think that he needs to decide whether or not HE wants to make an effort. If not, I would move on. Find some friends with similar interests who WILL be there when you call. Good luck to you. :) :)Advice on best friend, please help.?
You're worse then a woman, take off the skirt Sally and don't worry about it. You'll be friends forever.
Just get over it! Move on and make other friends! People change it just human nature!!
I think the basic reality is that you need to just let it go and concerntrate on forging new friendships. It seems that going to the different school and having new and different friends and circles of interaction. So just move on, and leave him in the periphery. You can always try harder to reach out, but I just don't think it's going to make the friendship return. So do try but forearm yourself with the reality that it's probably not going to work out. Good luck and keep pushing.
no life
I'm way younger and not the whole 19 years thing


but thats their way of saying


';I'm trying to focus on buisness,my new life from college on';


just let him do whatever


theres a lot of nice people just keep up with them and make even more friends


like what people always say


just let them catch up on there own plans first and make more friends while waiting

No comments:

Post a Comment