Friday, January 8, 2010

Please share the best piece of advice you ever got...?

I am compiling a book of advice for my son


words to live by: can be funny, profound and/or really helpful


(he's turning 18! *gulp*)





THANKS EVERYBODY!


Have a GREAT DAY!Please share the best piece of advice you ever got...?
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.Please share the best piece of advice you ever got...?
';He Who Hesitates Is Lost';





It's simple, but so true.
To take the word ';failure'; out of my vocabulary! You may make mistakes but just get back up on your feet and try, try again!
Well here is a quote that i think you might like ';Its better to be hated for who you are than be loved for who you are not';-Kurt Cobain
My father said this to me:


';Whatever you do, do your best at it.';


Best advice I've ever received.
My Grandpa told me '; When you get married, marry an ugly woman. A good looking woman can run off on you.'; So I said to my Grandpa ';But Grandpa, can't an ugly woman run off on you, too?'; He answered '; Yeah, but who cares!';
Be true to yourself.
my dad always told me to look out for myself cuz looking out for everybody else and always helping everybody doesnt get you where you wanna be in life
Trust in God, he'll never leave you or forsake you!
Join a union.
Don't eat yellow snow





SteveC
';Nothing can ever save your life, it can only postpone your death.';





Happy 18th Birthday to your son. Cool gift idea.
Watch out drinking hard liquor - it'll sneak up on you.





I had a mentor that told me about going home from work, putting a few ice cubes in a glass and having a cold one after work - then maybe a little more after dinner. One day his wife went to the grocery store and didn't come back with a bottle of whiskey that he'd ask her for. He got irritated at her for forgetting - she opened the hutch door in their dining room, and proceded to pull out an empty bottle and said ';This is monday's';, she pulled out another one ';This is tuesday's - you have wednesday's empty in your hand. If you want another one, go get it yourself. I won't be here when you get back.';





He never realized that he was drinking that much until she showed him those empty bottles. He quit drinking that night. He had one every once in awhile after that, but no more coming home and making himself a cold one every night.

No comments:

Post a Comment