Friday, January 8, 2010

Can anyone give me some advice my best friend died of cancer a few weeks ago?

and im finding it really hard to function i have other friends but none who understand me like she did i have had problems in the past including depression and i find it hard to connect with people and i just want to stay indoors for the rest of my life i didnt feel like this when she was alive i have had other bad stuff happen in my life and i cant believe this has happened i cant talk to anyone i know its too personalCan anyone give me some advice my best friend died of cancer a few weeks ago?
Oh Ruby I'm so sorry for your loss... But let me say that this feeling is normal. It's grief and you have to grieve to move onto acceptance. It's going to be a sad time and let me just say don't be too much alone though it's tempting to do so. try to be around others who will support you and who you can talk to. If you're anything like me, you'll want your time alone but it does help to talk as much as you can manage. If you can't talk, like you say, try writing your thoughts down and getting them out of yourself. Journalling and blogging helps too.





In time, these horrible feelings will soften into happy memories of someone you love very much. Time doesn't heal all but what you do with the time does. And if you let your grief happen, it will get better.





Best to you dear.. And again my deepest condolences. She was lucky to have a friend like you.Can anyone give me some advice my best friend died of cancer a few weeks ago?
I am sorry for your loss. When we lose someone close to us it really hurts and I guess its suppose to. But everyone will have to deal with death. I have had many deaths in my family. I have learned that I shouldn't be selfish what about the ones who have already died they need them to.
So sorry for your loss. Grieving is different for each individual but a loss like this is quite significant. Consider setting up some temporary counseling to get you over the hump.
Awe I feel terrible for you.


Just remember that your friend is looking down on you and leaving signs to show you that he/she is still there.


If you don't believe in afterlife, start now.


Cuz it seriously is real, I'm not even kidding, I've had experiences.


If you wanna talk to your friend again, just say it, rather out loud or in your head, and know that they can hear you.
Losing someone so close to you is depressing in the first place. I have had my share of close deaths, daughter, parents and recently godson (38), best friend, godmother and great-aunt. First you should go to your doctor to ask for help whether it is medication or a grief therapist. If you are releigious your minister should be able to guide you. It is important to discuss your feelings You would be surprised how many people there are out there to help you through this very trying time. Good luck.
First of all I'm very sorry for your loss.. second.. try even going to her grave site and just talking to her.. by the sounds of it she seemed like a great listener and therefore a great friend.. just because she's gone doesn't mean she can't hear you.. talk to her.. I'm sure you'll feel a little better. It's hard to get over things like this and sometimes we never really do. Don't try to block it out, embrace it and try to live your life just a little better. for her sake..
I'm sorry to hear you lost a friend. It's never easy to say goodbye to some one you feel particularly close to, and you are just in grief at the moment. If you are a particularly spiritual person, then by all means you should speak with your particular religious guide. Even if you are not affiliated with a particular religion, the various ministers, priests, imams, rabbis and others can offer you some help there. If thats not an option, then see if you can find a grief counsellor or really any sort of therapist to help you sort out the feelings. There is nothing wrong with crying, but it should not overshadow other life activities to the extent it seems to be impacting yours. It is personal, and this is a rather impersonal medium for getting help. It would serve your needs much better to be speaking to a flesh and blood person. As a rule, grief eases as time passes. I'm sure your friend would not want you to be feeling this badly. Since she had cancer, her life was not that pleasant in the final days, and she is now at peace. I'm sure she would want the same thing for you, only peace in life. As dark as things are at this moment, as the days pass, your pain should become less acute. You need to focus on the good in your friend's life, and the good times you two shared. Nobody is going to replace her, but there are other people you may have yet to meet who can become as close if you let them. At the moment though, you need some help, in person, to help you see the rest of the way and to help bolster you until you can find the way for yourself.
First of all, I am very sorry for your loss. my deepest sympathy for you. Second, you shouldnt be expected to completely move on. However, you should go out with some other friends and at least try to have some fun. Dont you think that she would want you to meet some new people and not be so sad. after you feel that you have given it some time, I think you should consider talking to someone about all of this. obviously you were very close to her and I think it would do you some good to talk to a professional. hope i helped.

No comments:

Post a Comment