Friday, January 8, 2010

I am the best man at my brothers wedding in a couple weeks, any advice for the perfect toast?

Make sure you compliment the bride. Too often, the best man will joke about the groom, etc. but remember, you are toasting to their marriage so you should include her as well.I am the best man at my brothers wedding in a couple weeks, any advice for the perfect toast?
Okay, I'm getting my reference from the movie wedding crashers when I say, it's best to just say something from the heart. Like you're so happy groom has met bride or vice versa and blah blah. It might not be the best idea to say something funny. Watch the movie and you'll get what I'm saying.I am the best man at my brothers wedding in a couple weeks, any advice for the perfect toast?
tell of a good memory. a little comedy maybe but nothing too embarrassing for the bride and / or groom.
Definitely tell a story about you two when you were young. Then, tell some sort of anectdote about how you realized how serious he was about his new wife. It's always good to mix some humorous stories with sentimental ones. I am sure you have plenty of stories that you could use to embarass your brother, but try to keep them to a minimum. The idea is to give the audience a snapshot into who your brother is, and how cool it is that he has found such a perfect partner for him.
I just attended a wedding a couple of weeks ago and the best man's toast was amazing. He is single, so he kept referring to a ';marriage for idiots'; type of manual to give advice to the groom. In the end he wished both of them all of the happiness in the world and throughout the speech he also touched on points regarding how wonderful the couple was together, and he shared a few examples of this. It lasted between 5-10 minutes, which was a little bit on the long side, but it was so entertaining that no one minded.





I thought it was good that he referred to a manual because he didn't embarrass the groom or bride with personal examples, but he got to bring humor to the speech because of the passages from the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment